Sunday, December 29, 2013

Where Rainbows End (Love, Rosie)


I found this book in my favourite second-hand bookstore. It was a soft and well-loved book, with that sweet smell of old book, mmm. Its pretty cover and romantic storyline meant I couldn't leave without taking it home with me. And I'm so happy I did, it's the sweetest! **I later found out it's also being made into a movie, so while I was reading it, two of the actors I've been obsessed with recently were filming the story! Which yes, gave me even more feels!

The story is long, but in a comforting way. It's filled with all kinds of love, over years and through different lives. It's filled with sweet moments and difficult choices and that always-hopeful belief that Rosie and Alex are meant for eachother. It's the kind of story that you get lost in, and never really want to leave. I giggled at the emails they send and the children as they grow up, and Iawhhhed and noooo-ed and, so many feelings. I marked so many pages that were just, perfect butterfly moments.

Mostly, it's the kind of story I know I'll read many times over the years, because I'll see different things every time. There's everything from childhood crushes and teenage could-we-last-forevers, to there's 'she's engaged, I missed my chance' and all the hardships of marriage. The story tells of the magic and hope that friendship can be, and of the beauty that a shared life can be.

Here's a picture from the movie set, I love it. 

Three quotes I loved: 
“I've learned that home isn't a place, it’s a feeling.”

“Our life is made up of time; our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. We grab a few quick minutes in our busy day to have a coffee break. We rush back to our desks, we watch the clock, we live by appointments. And yet your time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were being spent the best way they possibly could. In other words, if you could change anything, would you?” 

“You deserve someone who loves you with every single beat of his heart, someone who thinks about you constantly, someone who spends every minute of every day just wondering what you’re doing, where you are, who you’re with, and if you’re OK. You need someone who can help you reach your dreams and protect you from your fears. You need someone who will treat you with respect, love every part of you, especially your flaws. You should be with someone who could make you happy, really happy, dancing on air happy.” 

And the movie poster: 

No comments:

Post a Comment